Thursday, 21 June 2012

Cooking for Toddlers - Tana Ramsay's Real Family Food

I have had this book for a while and I am not sure I have ever made anything from it but decided to start a feature about cooking for my son and using a couple of recipes from cook books I already own so this  was a good place to start as it is a book aimed at family cooking.

First up I cooked Oat and Blueberry Muffins. In my edition of the book there is a proofreading error and it lists beaten egg in the ingredients but misses them out in the method. Logic says to add them with the other wet ingredients, which I did, and all turned out well. These are billed as breakfast muffins and I would say they are perfect as they contain buttermilk, eggs, oats and fruits - so all the breakfast ingredients in one toddler appealing package. Plus they are not too sweet. Noah loved them (as did we!) Big thumbs up especially as they are super easy to make.



Second recipe was salmon and vegetables en papilotte. Basically a piece of salmon steamed with vegetables in a greaseproof paper pocket. I used more or less the veggies she suggest and missed out the chilli. It was ready in about 10 minutes and took hardly any time at all to prepare. At the end of the meal Noah presented me with a virtually empty plate so I take this as another success.